As you can see, I haven’t been blogging much lately. I lay the blame on two things: (1) Twitter and (2) Being Busy.
I was late to the game on this Twitter thing. Very late. In fact, I threw a lot of disdain on Twitter saying, “…only dumb people use it.” But then I noticed that amongst my work friends that less and less of us were blogging in general and started viewing their Twitter feeds. Needless to say, I now have been posting a lot more on Twitter. Some observations:
* The benefit of Twitter – for me – is that I have Twitterific running on my secondary monitor at work. So I can see my public timeline and respond as needed. Sometimes I read posts, sometimes I don’t but the benefit of having the app is that I have a random thought I have an app than makes it easy to input the random thought. I also have Tweetie on my iPhone so if Mr. I does something weird/funny or I see something, I can update as needed.
* The downside of Twitter is that it’s really for random thoughts. It isn’t anything like writing a blog post where I have to think about what I’m going to say and the points to support my concept or attempt to make it funny. And that’s my problem with blogging write now, it takes a lot of effort.
Which leads to the busy angle. Work has been pretty crazy for awhile, my team has been expanded and I’m managing more people than I know what to do with. Couple that with some work we’ve been doing with the house (chimney repair, cleaning out our basement, getting new doors, etc) and I don’t have a lot of free time. So when I do get 90 minutes to myself, I’m keeping them for myself by watching TV, reading or whatever … certainly not blogging.
So that’s my lame excuse. I’ll attempt to get better … but I’ll also try not to make this a daddy blog.
So …. things of note:
* If you’re a parent stay away from the ‘Morris the Moose’ anthology. The stupidest book I’ve ever had to read for a solid week. Oh and it’s over 100 pages long. Mr. I loves this book.
* Blake Schwarzenbach’s band ‘Thorns of Life’ has disbanded, but now he’s assembling a group called ‘The Forgetters.’
* Reading Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead – I need something lighter after Infinite Jest.