Top Five Albums of 2008
1. The Sea and Cake – Car Alarm
2. The Constantines – Kensington Heights
3. The Hold Steady – Stay Positive
4. Sigur Ros – Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust
5. Deerhunter – Microcastle
Top Five Films of 2008 (note: I have yet to see any of the December films like “The Wrestler”, “Gran Torino”, “Doubt’, etc).
1. The Dark Knight
3. Iron Man
4. Horton Hears a Who
5. Tropic Thunder
Top Five Books/Graphic Novels, I Read, of 2008
1. Richard K. Morgan – Altered Carbon
2. Brian Vaughn – Y: The Last Man
3. Greg Rucka – Queen and Country
4. Theo Schlossnagle – Scalable Internet Architectures
5. Brian Azarello – 100 Bullets
Top Five Am I Really Old Now Moments
1. Making a Kurt Cobain reference and realizing that 1/3 of the audience was in grade school when he died.
2. Doing two days of heavy fall yardwork and hurting the following Monday.
3. Any time, I went to bed @ 9:00 PM because I said in my mind, “Man, it’s late.”
4. Realizing that 2009.01.20 will mark the end of 8 long years of GOP tyranny.
5. Reminiscing with people about the Mac 7.6.1 OS.
Top Five Work Related Moments
1. Getting my good friend, mentor and bandmate as my boss.
2. Seeing my ENTIRE team get accepted to the Google Test Automation Conference.
3. Finally finishing a functional testing framework that my team has ran with.
4. Still enjoying all the Python that I get to program, even if it’s only a little Python.
5. Getting two PyCon 2009 talks accepted AND a tutorial
Top Five Mr. I Moments
1. Seeing him rapidly adapt from an infant to a toddler and now a fiesty 2 year old.
2. Marvel at how he uses full sentences and has been for months, “No Daddy, I. wants a cookie!”
3. Finally getting him to sleep by himself at night.
4. Enjoying all the reading that we do with him, though I’m glad “Harry the Dirty Dog” has been retired for now.
5. Seeing his passion for the Chicago White Sox.
Top Five Family Moments
1. Any time that I got to spend with L. and as little as that is, it’s always special.
2. Spending lots of time with my parents and L.’s parents.
3. That one October afternoon where L., Mr. I. and I all raked leaves.
4. Mr. I’s second birthday, appropriately themed for his Blues Clues obsession.
5. Singing! All the singing that we do in the house!
Top Five Things That Made Me Happy
1. Having a job that challenges me.
2. Having a African American president who happens to be a Democrat and a die-hard White Sox fan.
3. Seeing the White Sox steal the AL Central from the “chosen ones” / Detroit Tigers.
4. Getting this new 1080p TV that is just brilliant.
5. My friends, extended family and immediate family.